Monday, April 25, 2011

Speak. - by Dakota

As a new wave of filmmakers enters the scene, we're trying to fight our way to the top.

We're learning to speak, like businessmen and sales people.  We want people to buy our service, not because we offer high quality productions (which we do) or that we are extremely friendly and personable (which we are), but because our work entertains people, engages them.   It's something I'm waiting for, that time when someone calls back from an e-mail I sent out and says "May I speak with Dakota Madden?"  It'll be a interesting moment in time, when I'm speechless and lost in my brain.  I'll be looking forward to the words I'll say, or mumble.  They'll go down in history as a the worst mistake ever or the deal that changed our future.

I've been doing a little reading on how to sell our services.  Learning a little more to say to someone, but every time they seem gimicky and strange.  But, if the formula works, don't change it.  It seems like it will, because maybe it isn't gimicky and strange, just to me.

Here we go, phone calls and fun.  Wish me luck.  Oh yeah, buy our services. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment